The brief is the single most-complained-about thing in creative industries.
(“What are we supposed to do with this?”)
Every client, agency, and strategist on earth has a different idea of what makes a great creative brief. So do creatives – and this is one creative’s answer.
Sourcing a wide variety of industry experts, Sullivan will show how to create a brief that doesn’t just lie there, inspiring no one. But a focused brief that crackles with creative possibilities. A brief that doesn’t supply answers but raises questions. And has what he calls “Boingy Boingy.”
- The brief is the first creative act.
- Screw facts and research. Start with the fundamental truth.
- Find a tension and leverage it.
- What if a brief’s “key message” was replaced with a “key question?”
- Problem solving vs. Problem finding
- A sample of a newer form of brief.
- And what the hell is Boingy Boingy?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Strategists, planners, account teams
- New business team members
- Anyone who tells stories on behalf of brands
- And, yes, creatives