The other day I asked the tweetverse and my FB Friends, “Please send me links to your favorite sites, the ones you go to for inspiration.” Thanks to all of you who wrote. And below I include the ones most people mentioned. My faves are marked with asterisks. The first nine are the new ones. Below that are my other faves, from a list I created last year.
*** theinspiration.com Like it says, this site is for inspiration. Super clean layout with tabs to Advertising, Art, Movies, etc.
*** metalpotential.tumblr.com Perfect for ad junkies. Best advertising out there and curated by Rob Schwartz, CEO TBWA\Chiat\Day New York.
* fromupnorth.com A design blog a bit like theinspiration.com but I always go to GALLERIES and click ADVERTISING. Like the stuff they pick and how they display it on page.
psfk.com Nice blog with articles taking the pulse of culture, web technology, design and trend development. The psfk name? The initials of the two founders. (I asked.)
thisiscolossal.com Very visual blog that exploring art and visual culture. Ranked by Technorati as one of the top 50 blogs on the web.
visualnews.com Kinda like thisiscolossal.com. FROM THEIR ABOUT: “Visual content, clean and simple, that gives more meaning to the life you live… the quiet corner booth in a crowded diner and a slice of cherry pie. Take a seat.”
springwise.com Cool site that gathers the latest innovation, start-up and new business ideas from around the world.
hoverstat.es Hover States is a collection of what’s new and interesting in user interface and interaction design. Curated by Animade, a London-based animation and interactive production company.
Vimeo staff picks Suggested by my student, Stefani G. She says careful, it’s addicting.
** Brainpickings — Super smart site created by ex-planner from Chiat/Day. Maria Popova “I’m a reader, writer, interestingness hunter-gatherer, and curious mind at large.”
** Mashable is required daily viewing of all ad students. “The leading source of new, information, and resources for the Connected Generation.”
* * Creativity Unbound: Insights and Observations on the Current State of Advertising. Required reading from my friend social/digital expert Edward Boches. (And soon to be guest-author of Hey Whipple.)
** Art, Copy & Code — created and curated by Google, features really cool advertising ideas all tech-enabled.
** Really nice collection of recent ad campaigns, spots, sites. Easy to use. http://www.welovead.com/en/
** AdFreak (from AdWeek) is the best site for keeping up with the current ad world, the agencies, and the bigger campaigns.
* Meaningful Content – Really cool site of all the interesting stuff out there, and you can search through it using tags like “jaw-dropping,” “informative,” “beautiful.” Very cool.
* Buzzfeed – super fun site about popular culture.
* Really nice collection of advertising/marketing ideas in form of short case study videos.
* Ads Of The World: Great site to see the latest greatest work out there.
* Suzanne Pope is a super-smart Canadian ad person and I love her site.
* The Webby Awards — A must-read for all ad students.
Hi heywhipple.com admin, i see you need some fresh posts. Daily updates will rank your website in google higher, content is king nowadays. There is must have tool for every article writer, just search in google for:
Ightsero’s Essential Tool
Hey what is thisiscolossal all about?
Do you have any recommendations specifically for writers?
Art, Copy & Code is now a part of https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/
Maybe you will like: http://www.adruby.com