The coolest thing about Norwegian Cruise Line is that they have what’s Called “Freestyle Cruising.” And the coolest part of that is Freestyle Dining, which means you don’t have to eat at some assigned table next to strangers. This happens on most cruise lines; fewer and fewer of them as they start to copy NCL, but it happens. Our TV campaign was going to be all 15-second spots. Only a few of the spots ever ran, but the best thing to come out of it was this string of all the spots put together by Sam Selis of Beast, Austin. The old lady with the gallstones was the best – well, along with the poor guy who has to suffer all the fools. The smacking-chewy guy is Haven Simmons the art director. And the really ugly “lady” at the end, is me.
My single favorite thing I ever did on Norwegian Cruise Lines.
- A List of Fave Sites for Creative Inspiration. 15.9k views | 5 comments
- How Not To Suck as a Creative Director. 8.5k views | 20 comments
- Maybe Advertising Should Stop Grabbing Women By The P**sy. 6.6k views | 14 comments
- The most important truth in advertising I learned from Prof. Mark Fenske. 6.1k views | 5 comments
- Do Not Tolerate Brutal Creative Directors. 3.5k views | 29 comments
There is no shortcut. This is how we learn it. Bit by bit.
Author, speaker, and ad veteran available to recharge, reinvigorate, and refocus marketing, advertising, and branding firms.
I give a hugely energetic series of presentations on innovation, creativity, branding, and marketing. I spent 32 years in the trenches of advertising (at agencies like Martin, GSD&M, and Fallon) and I’ve put everything I learned into my book, Hey Whipple, Squeeze This. But for me nothing beats taking the message out and speaking to living breathing audiences at clients, agencies, and conferences. You can book me on the button below.