I love this mini-lecture from Ira Glass. He discusses how we artists are often vexed by the gap between the vision we have in our heads and the disappointment we sometimes feel in the final result of our efforts. And he has one simple solution to closing that gap.
Way Cool Video from Ira Glass.
- A List of Fave Sites for Creative Inspiration. 16.1k views | 5 comments
- How Not To Suck as a Creative Director. 8.7k views | 21 comments
- Maybe Advertising Should Stop Grabbing Women By The P**sy. 6.6k views | 14 comments
- The most important truth in advertising I learned from Prof. Mark Fenske. 6.2k views | 5 comments
- Do Not Tolerate Brutal Creative Directors. 3.7k views | 29 comments
There is no shortcut. This is how we learn it. Bit by bit.
Author, speaker, and ad veteran available to recharge, reinvigorate, and refocus marketing, advertising, and branding firms.
I give a hugely energetic series of presentations on innovation, creativity, branding, and marketing. I spent 32 years in the trenches of advertising (at agencies like Martin, GSD&M, and Fallon) and I’ve put everything I learned into my book, Hey Whipple, Squeeze This. But for me nothing beats taking the message out and speaking to living breathing audiences at clients, agencies, and conferences. You can book me on the button below.